A whole new world..
so here we are. Lets recount how we got here shall we?
In a nutshell, I got the ring some time back in early dec. It was the best amongst the others I have seen (note: I never knew so much information abt rings till i had to get one. And boy oh boy did i learn a LOT) and it just so happens its GOLDHEART which is a brand who's designs my wifey loves.
Then came the planning of HOW to propose. Now this is no simple matter. Initially I had wanted to do it on xmas eve with her family and relatives around. But i tot it was not too private and maybe not too nice. So i had a hard thought. Got some inspirations and decided on a spur of a moment to ask my dear to extend her leave (she was in macau with her family) and go to HK with me (my ole stomping grounds for when i was with NCS). She could. And thus now I have to plan HOW to propose in HK.
Initially was the Peak but that was a bit overdone (plus in my past experience too many pple there). Then was this idea to do it @ the restaurant @ Disneyland. However I felt it was kinda tacky. Then i was given information that there were fireworks every night and thus BINGO !
Now i cant tell u how stress I was in keeping this secret in me that i was going to propose to her. Before i reached the airport, i checked if the ring was there. Aboard the plane, i checked the ring. After the plane, i checked the ring. After our first night, i checked the ring. Before we went Disneyland, i checked the ring. Not to mention my wifey gave me stress too when she commented that it was way too long to waste time waiting from 6pm onwards to 9pm (where originally i tot the fireworks are scheduled to fire off. Btw the Disneyland IS indeed VERY VERY SMALL) I had to give her puppy eyes to convince her to stay. Luckily for me, the fireworks started @ 7pm.
So there we were, sitting there waiting for fireworks to start. I decided to keep my camera so i can "enjoy" the moment with her so i said. Then pple started crowding in front of us so we stood up to enjoy the view. She started filming the fireworks. I tot this was cool as she could record wat happens next (heeheehee). So when the fireworks started, I was wondering when I should propose.
Just nice, she stopped filming and was in my arms. Just nice the music "A Whole New World" began. Now here is wat i tot would happen in my mind:
me: Dear if there was anything else i can do to make u happier, you must tell me hor...
her: Ok. Me too hor...
me: Actually there is something you can help me with.... <<
However, this is what really transpired:
me: Dear if there is anything else i can do to make you happier, you must tell me hor..
her: ok...
me: dot dot dot...
What followed afterwards were bouts of wet eyes interspaced with laughter from both of us as we try to wrap our minds around what has happened and trying to enjoy the fireworks. Ahahahah.. I am sooooo happy she said yes but i had to ask 1 more time (just in case....)
Afterwards, we told our parents about it and she sms-blasted out to her close frens....
and the rest they say.. is history :PIn hindsight, i think all in all, things just fell into place for me and serene.
a) The ringbox i happen to chance upon it on ebay and immediately bought it. Luckily the seller was kind enough to send it overseas and send it via express as she knew what i intended to do with it.
b) I got the ring from her favourite shop and it was just nice for her finger (carat size i mean :p )
c) it din rain in HK. I had no wet weather plans !
d) It was a nice song to propose to
e) fireworks were nice..
f) a kid next to us puked after i had proposed and were hugging away. We manage to siam most of it. And no, the kid did not puke becos we were too ro-mar for the kid...
yay... wat a great start to 2007 !!!



No comments:
Post a Comment