Things that make me smile and laugh....
Was just reading Wil Wheaton's blog http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/ about things that he loved as a kid and still make him smile today.
one of them i know of...
the electric company pinball song (i always tot it was sesame street...)
someone commented on his entry and posted this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgocE-JfWFI
Electric company was one of those shows i will watch whenever i come back from morning session classes when i was in primary school. I can now only remember spiderman clips within the show and when he talks there's a little sound blurp and a bubble appears on top of his head. The character playing spiderman will look up @ his own speech bubble and then nod.. hhaha
Ooo.. one of the readers mentioned that Morgan Freeman was in it! OMG.....i wonder if i shld buy the dvd box set when I am in states hahahaha
reading the comments also bring back memories.
like this show called "3-2-1 Contact" by PBS.
Cant rem much of that show.. but i reckon it will come back to me if i see images...
also the mahna mahna song from the Muppets :) The muppets was another phenom that was simply amazing and good for kids. There was also fragglerock and even a muppets movie if i remember correctly.
http://www.davedodge.net/Videos/mahnamahna.mpg
There were some kid movies that i remember watching too. The most memorable was one of which this kid (or kids... cant rem) was travelling all around the world (escaping from bad people) and thus got to see all the different cultures. It was fascinating for me.
Speaking of cartoons and childhood shows, i remember most of the cartoon jingles.. like thundercats, captain planet, bionic 6, Mask, Transformers, Centurions, Bravestar, He-Man, My little pony, Smurfs, Snokels......
[UPDATE] Seeing how nostalgic i am this morning, I just googled the toys and cartoons i used to have. check this list out man :)
bionic 6
http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Kscope/Bionic6/B6_index.html
centurions
http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Centurions/Cent_toys.html
bone age
I remember i had the Trex.
http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Kscope/BoneAge/BA_index.html
brave star
http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Kscope/Bravestarr/XM_index.html
captain planet
http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Kscope/Caplanet/CaP_index.html
dino riders
http://www.dinoriders.com/
mask
http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Kscope/Mask/M_index.html
GI joe
http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Kscope/GIJoe/GJ_index.html
Megaforce
nice mini miltary toys (just for boys !) and have a nice hardy feel to it (there are metal parts). Plus they had all these attention to details which i loved.Very fun to play and bring on cars to play. I rem playing with my brother as my parents drove us to whichever destination.
http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Kscope/MForce/MF_index.html
Silverhawks
Haha i remember i had quite a few of these toys...:P
http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Kscope/Silverhawks/SH_index.html
Sky Commanders
This was a pretty fun series but i never had any or played with it. http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Kscope/SkyComm/SkC_index.html
Starcom
I remember my mom's frens' sons had these toys and we would play it quite often. The magnetic function was quite revolutionary at that time.
http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Kscope/Starcom/StC_index.html
Thundercats
http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Kscope/TC/TC_index.html
Visionaries
Holograms ! And who can forget all those phrases and chants to activate spells? I remember in pri sch, I had a fren, Jack, that could remember all the chants. I used to be in awe of that :)
http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Kscope/Vision/VK_index.html
Zoids
i remember i had a stegosaur and my bro had a trex. Then one time i was trying to simulate battle damage and i took off some pieces of his trex. After which i could never put it back again :p I bought some when i was last in HK for work and well i was tinking of buying this HUGE white gorilla but never really got around to doing it. (Space for keeping and displaying it discouraged me. :P) Zoid is still having quite a good run (including anime) now in japan.
My childhood shows are not entirely all american. There was this singaporean old serial that i watched too. Its about this robot called Xiao Di1 di1 that brings some kids along for journeys back into the past (thus teaching us abt Sang Nila Utama and that old ching gang). I remember at the last episode he had to leave earth and the kids were crying that he had to go. I was crying too.
NOTE: I wonder if this is mid-life crisis when u start to think about your childhood years..
NOTE NOTE: I always wonder why i have all this crap stored up in my brain.. i mean for godsake, shouldnt i keep more important information? sheesh....



1 comment:
Yeah!! I remember all these shows and toys!!
I don't think these are crap thoughts.. On the contrary, I reckon these are gems which keeps the innocence and creativity in us and should be cherished and not forgotten... =)
Post a Comment